Small Business Saturday is on Nov. 24 this year, two days after Thanksgiving. It is a day for everyone to support the small businesses that their community thrives on.
American Express founded the day in 2010 to help small businesses get exposure during the holiday season, when they might be otherwise overlooked. With retailers buzzing around the holidays, it is important to support local small businesses that rely on their neighbors in order to continue prospering and building the local economy in Green Brook and Watchung.
Last year, 100 million people nationwide participated in Small Business Saturday by shopping at locally owned stores to help boost the economy and their communities.
You can also “like” Small Business Saturday on Facebook by visitingwww.facebook.com/shopsmall.
According to American Express, you can get $25 back one time when you spend $25 or more at one of the qualifying businesses on Nov. 24, using your American Express card.
Everyone has locally owned businesses in their community, and shopping on Small Business Saturday is the perfect way to give back to the businesses you know and love in your community.
Below is a list of all Small Businesses participating in the cause. Be sure to patronize them on Saturday, and tell us, in the comments, which are your favorites.
- Hillsborough Rare Coin, 349 Route 22E
- Marty's Shoes, Colonial Square Mall
- Rockaway Bedding, Mills Plaza
- AB Futon, 181 Route 22E
- Green Brook Carpet Exchange, 191 Route 22
- Guarino Fur, 190 Route 22W
- Wood Gym Outlet, Route 22
- Mr. Assante Pizza, Route 22
- EWA Models and Magazines, 205 Route 22
- LA Frame Distributors, 205B Route 22
- Green Brook Golf Exchange, 205 Route 22
- Shogun Restaurant, 166 Route 22W
- 130 Route 22
- Michael Anthony Furniture, 205 Route 22
- Magazine Services, 207 Route 22
- Perfect Golf Discounters, 207 Route 22
- Aura Lighting, Route 22
- Mansion Rugs, Route 22
- Green Brook GMC, 101 Route 22
- Push Pedal Pull, 215 Route 22
- Alberti's Italian Foods, 215 Route 22
- 215 Route 22
- Tanya Bandmann Productions, 125 Greenbrook Road
- Exotic Boots, 217 Route 22
- Jefre Bridals, 215 Route 22
- New Dynasty II, 100 Route 22W
- Crystal Motors, 220 Route 22
- Furniture King, 228 Route 22
- Orsini Dinettes, 230 Route 22
- Suzuki of Green Brook, 73 Route 22
- Reiki Consultants, 80 Route 22
- Newark Tile Supply, 54 Route 22W
- Modern Visions, 251 Route 22
- Crown Car Wash, 40 Route 22
- Pizza Brothers, 34 Route 22
- Blind Central, 34 Route 22
- China Pagoda Halal Buffet, 19 Route 22
- Wonderland Smoke Shop, 20 Route 22
- Anthony and Sylvan Pools, 20 Route 22
- Shake-a-Paw, 14 Route 22
- Class 1 Electronics, 1 Route 22
- Castrol Premium Lube Express, 195 Route 22
- Pure Beauty, 119-131 Route 22
- Clean Air Cleaners, 207 Route 22
- The Gatsby Salon, 217 Route 22
- Michelle's Salon, 927 Washington Ave.
- Big City Limousine, 307 Top Ave.
- Ink Spot Tattoo, 60 Route 22
- Success Plaques, 1 Jason Road
- Kitchens Etc., 25 Route 22
- Rockaway Bedding, Watchung Square Mall
- Valley Furniture Shop, 20 Stirling Road
- Water and Wine Ristorante, 141 Old Stirling Road
- Authentic Chengdu/Sichuan, 475 Watchung Ave.
- Watchung Gourmet Deli, 475 Watchung Ave.
- Marino's Pizza, 720 Somerset St.
- Custom Tattoo, 700 Somerset St.
- Speedy Mart, 17 Johnston Ave.
- My Ski Profile, 2 Hilltop Court
- Pilates Design Studio, 7 Johnston Dr.
- Total Hearing Care, 40 Stirling Road
- Hairem, 60 Stirling Road
- Rivera Remodeling, 58 Hillcrest Road
- Gerards's Landscaping, 11 Hughes Lane
- Delta Gas, 900 Somerset St.
- Giving Nest Preschool, 225 Mountain Blvd.
- Galaxy VIII Nails, 475 Watchung Ave.
- Performance Rehabilitation, 459 Watchung Ave.
- Watchung Service Center, 700 Somerset St.
- Styles Hair Salon, 700 Somerset St.
- Bam Management, 461 Watchung Ave.
- YY Beauty Salon, 28 Johnston Dr.