Sometimes there's just not enough days in the week, but every Wednesday we'll give you an idea of something to do to relax, spend time with family and just take some time for yourself.
And with the New Year approaching, we want to give you a list of places that are still open New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day if you’re looking to get out of the house — or to uncork the champagne and really start 2013 with a pop!
- The Bridgewater Commons Mall will be open both days, albeit with shortened hours. On New Year’s Eve, it will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and it will be open on New Year’s Day from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- If you want a little mystery and good food, Maggiano’s Little Italy on Commons Way in Bridgewater, will be holding a New Year’s Eve Murder Mystery on Dec. 31 at 7:30 p.m. The event is $175 per person, and reservations can be made by calling 908-547-6050. The show is the search for the groom on the day that Buzz and Alma Gahner are supposed to wed.
- The Bernards Inn in Bernardsville has limited availability (as of Wednesday) for its three-course prix fixe dinner on New Year's Eve, including party favors and music at the piano bar, for adults at $118. Or get away at one of the inn's guest rooms with an overnight package that includes the New Year's Eve three-course-dinner, deluxe guest room accommodations, a bottle of champagne, long-stemmed roses, chocolate-covered strawberries and truffles, and ala carte in-room breakfast served on New Year's Day. Starting at $606. Reservations for either, 908-766-0002. Also open for breakfast, lunch and dinner on New Year's Day.
- The Bridgewater Township Library will be open on New Year’s Eve, although it will close at 5 p.m.
- The Grain House Restaurant in Basking Ridge is hosting a New Year’s Eve dinner, with a small-plate menu, in addition to a second menu with dinner and dessert favorites. Call 908-221-1150 for reservations.
- Villagers Theatre in Somerset, is hosting a show, gala and afterparty with a cruise-liner style performance that includes music from the last 40 years. Live music and dancing will be included, and there will be a hot buffet and dessert. The even begins at 9:30 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, and costs $60.
- A Calcutta Affair is holding a New Year’s Eve gala at its location on Mountain Boulevard in Warren. The event, beginning at 8 p.m., includes food, a DJ, dancing and the countdown to the new year. The cost is $40 a person.